Thursday, October 24, 2013

just south of Heaven...

is where I spent last Friday night and I just have to show y'all. I met some of the coolest people from literally, all over the globe. The Earth Lodge was built on an avocado farm (didn't know those existed) by a sweet couple, the husband is from Canada and the wife is from America. It was the sweetest little mountain-top get away after last weeks emotional valley (so punny, right?) I literally felt like Eliza from the Wild Thornberries, y'all. 


To keep it as private as possible, you take a bus up the mountain and walk about half a mile to get to the actual lodge. It was pouring and of course I didn't dress accordingly or bring my rain jacket. Even with the Friday afternoon fog, it was quite the view. I am pretty sure this is one place I could live for the rest of my life. Yes, I said it. I could live in that treehouse. I mean, couldn't you?! 

Every night, they have a family style dinner in the main lodge, forcing you to get to know everyone. As you can imagine, so many cool stories. Oh and not to mention, the BEST guacamole in the WORLD. After dinner, I grabbed about my 8th cup of black coffee, sat in a hammock and watched Jesus' lightening show over Antigua.

I found that just about the only time I will literally jump out of bed is when I wake up to an Earth Lodge view that could be worth billions. What an ARTIST we serve! It takes a lot for this child to be speechless and this view did just that. Honestly, I just kept wondering how people can look at something like this and still not believe there is a God?"

Pretty sure I sat here for 3 straight hours and had another 8 cups. Volcanoes to your left and right ready to explode any second........




>>>---------------->







Got home just in time to watch the Rebs beat LSU. By watch, I mean FaceTime the whole fam with the camera turned to the TV (and duck boots) with Tripp as my ESPN commentator. I'd say I am a true fan! HOTTY TODDY! 

Late, random but so necessary, right? New update tomorrow!
Breath-taking views and good football, thanks to the Creator, I have JOY!
SA

1 comment:

  1. Very necessary! And I didn't know there were avocado farms either. The guacamole lover in me would like to live on one. :)

    ReplyDelete