Wednesday, November 13, 2013

OVERWHELMED...

in EVERY good way possible; in fact, I LOVE it. I clearly had NO idea what I was getting myself into when I released pur[SHOE]ing joy late Monday night. Between the fireworks and loud bomb noises of Guatemala, I tossed and turned all night so finally around 6 AM I just decided it was time to rise and shine. My plan was to stay in bed to check my email. Keyword: "plan". All I knew to do was cry tears of JOY, jump out of bed and give God the glory. I have to say, NEVER in my life have I had a feeling even similar to yesterday's. Both my personal email and the pur[SHOE]ing joy email were blowing up. By that I mean I had emails from best friends, family, role models, companies, teachers, pastors, people I didn't know knew I even existed, people from multiple states, and the most surprising, people that I have never met in my life. If this explains anything, I couldn't go the hospital to work yesterday for trying to get my head back above sea level. In between responses, I literally found myself looking up and just laughing at what God was doing and at one point, I promise you I jumped up and started screaming and dancing. I tell y'all that not to boast about myself but to give y'all more proof of the kinda God we serve. The kinda God that takes your biggest dreams and makes them an even BIGGER reality. The kinda God that uses encouraging people like y'all to make this all happen. That's our King, y'all!

Oh and listen to this. I had a meeting yesterday with Annie (angel-friend I met at church) and a lady that she wanted me to tell about pur[SHOE]ing joy. As I was walking up to meet her, I noticed that she was carrying a plastic bag with two wooden stick hang out. You would love to know that she JUST SO HAPPENED to be in the process of making a foot measuring tool. Why? Because she started a ministry years ago that feeds 600 kids and they JUST SO HAPPEN to all need shoes. 600 KIDS NEED SHOES! That's our King! 

I have really been worrying but praying about the fact that I cannot do the Guatemalan side of this movement alone. We had our first pur[SHOE]ing joy "business" meeting last night with old friends, new friends and great friends that are on board. Ty, Lee and Will are driving a cool hippie van from home to Guatemala. They will drive to the various villages to deliver the shoes. We plan to start delivering the shoes in February! That's our King! 
 
Y'all are bursting at the seams to help and donate and containing my excitement is just not an option anymore! It is the best kinda problem to have. So let me explain where we are right now and what you can be doing. I am currently finalizing the little details because again, I HAD NO IDEA that this would literally boom overnight. Little details like where our drop-off locations will be, pick-up dates, getting posters printed, etc. SO as of right now, y'all can start getting your shoes together and even bag them up. Include your name and an encouraging note to the child that will receive your shoes. Just to give y'all a rough idea, I will be home right before Christmas and will start picking up the shoes from each location.

The specifics:
What kind of shoes? durable athletic shoes with closed toe and back, but any will be appreciated.

What sizes are most needed? (men are happy to wear a women's shoe here and vice versa.)
       -any size for babies, children and youth
       -no bigger than 7 for female adults
       -no bigger than 9 for male adults

Do they have to be new shoes? NO

When? roughly before December 21st (first pick-up)

Gender specific? NO

Do I have to pay for shipping? NO

What is in it for you? Well there is a lot.
    1. JOYaus.blogspot.com will feature YOU, the giver as well as the shoes and the child that you brought JOY to that day. You can choose to have your name exposed or not.
    2. A hand-woven Guatemalan bracelet that was handmade by the village.
    3. A never-ending, overwhelming feeling that YOU put shoes on bare feet and a smile on a precious face.

How to donate.
    Stay tuned for drop-off locations. You choose. You drop-off. We ship.
    All in a plastic/ziplock bag:
        1. Your shoes
        2. Your name
        3. Optional- A letter to the child.
        4. Optional- donation for the shipping expenses.

Please keep the questions and ideas coming to purshoejoy@gmail.com.

Dream so BIG that only GOD can fulfill it, y'all!
-SA

No comments:

Post a Comment